Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IIT Guwahati) invites online applications from eligible Indian Nationals for appointment to the following posts. Candidates are requested to apply online only.
Name of the Organizations: Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Last Date: 07.10.2016
1. Technical Officer Grade II – 12 Post
Pay Band: PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100 with GP Rs. 5400/-
Age Limit: 35 years
Educational Qualifications For
* Department of Bioscience & Bioengineering BE/ BT.ech/ M.Sc. in Biotechnology/ Chemical Engineering/Biochemical Engineering and preferably with one year working experience.
* Department of Chemical Engineering BE/ B.Tech in Chemical Engineering and preferably with one year working experience.
* Dept. of Electronics and Electrical Engineering BE/B.Tech in Electronics/ Electrical/ Instrumentation Engineering, M.Sc. (Electronics) and preferably with one year working experience.
* Department of Physics BE/ B.Tech/ M.Sc. in Physics / M.Sc in Electronic Science and preferably with one year working experience.
* Dept. of Mathematics B.E./ B.Tech./ M.Sc. in Computer Science/Information Technology and preferably with one year experience.
* Centre for Nanotechnology BE/ B.Tech/ MSc. in Physics, Chemistry and preferably with one year working experience.
* Department of Mechanical Engineering BE/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and preferably with one year working experience.
* Department of Design B.Des/ M.Des or Masters in design relevant subjects & preferably with one year working experience.
2. Deputy Librarian – 01 Post
Pay Band: PB-3 Rs. 15600-39100 with GP Rs. 8000/-
Age Limit: 50 years
Educational Qualifications & Essential: (i) Master’s degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation, with at least 55% marks (relaxation of qualification for Reserved Category candidates as per GOI rules) or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven points scale and a consistently good academic record.
(ii) At least 8 years of work experience as an Assistant Librarian or an equivalent position in an UGC approved University or reputed Institute Library, in the Pay Band 3 and GP: `5,400/- or AGP: `6,000/-.
(iii) Evidence of innovative library service, professional commitment and relevant publications.
Desirable:(i) M.Phil./ Ph.D degree in Library science/ information science/ documentation/ archives & manuscript keeping.
(ii) Experience of working in Computerized Library and knowledge of library computerization.
How to Apply:- Applicants should fill out the online e-application form from the link www.iitg.ernet.in or www.iitg.ac.in.